I Guess This Is What Freedom Feels Like, is the follow up to, 2016's lyric collection, “I Guess This Is What Love Feels Like” and it features more lyrics about life, love, personal struggle, and more importantly what Freedom Feels Like. It's a journey of highs and lows, personal reflections, regrets, and becoming a better person.
7 Things To Know About Freedom Feels Like
- This will be my third official lyric/poetry collection.
- Some of the lyrics are from my scrapped spoken word album “Low Quality” they have been rewritten or gotten a little touch up to put more emphasis on the theme.
- I got very personal with this one. Honestly, this was written during a kinda dark time in my life. So, it's like a very personal reflection on me, I let it all out past issues, current issues, I put everything on the table.
- It's an open letter to America and the world about current social issues. I have a lyric dedicated to the Orlando Night Club shootings, and I have one about police brutality and how a large part of the world view people of color.
- It will be released alongside the reworked/re-edited edition of I Guess This Is What Love Feels Like.
- I'm going to start working on a spoken word album for both!
- This was supposed to be my final book. I thought about giving it up, because I just didn't feel it anymore. After I had sometime to think about it, I realized I have more to say, just not right now. #LifeFeelsLike
Read From The Collection
As I approach the conclusion for I Guess This Is What Freedom Feels Like, I would love for all my fans and supporters aka my Peace Makers to tell me what Freedom Feels Like to you? You can connect with me on Instagram @DeonDurrWrites and email me at at firstname.lastname@example.org!